Find The Best Boat Hire in Miami.
1 - 18 of 505 listings
Boat Hire & Yacht Rentals in Miami
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Hiring a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat hire, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat hire, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book their bucks party and hens parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat hire out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski hire, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon hire, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
7 Reasons to Hire a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat hire or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat hire in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
Boat was a little worn down and did not have an aux cable, the bluetooth wasn’t working, and the engine was smoking when it was first turned on, making me think we were not going to be able go out on the water. I didn’t have any issues with the boat once we took off, and was able to use the radio just fine. Despite all these hiccups, we had an amazing time on the boat and they really do have great customer service!
We had the best time with James and Luis on our boat trip! I had done a bit of research in terms of which options were the best price for the type of boat, and James' boat DEFINITELY was the best! We had a group of 11 and had more than enough room to lay out in the front (which was a main reason why I chose the boat) and there was plenty of room in the back to have food and sit together too. James and Luis were so fun and provided incredible service for our group, I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and will definitely choose them again again next time I am in Miami!
This was by far the Highlight of my trip to Miami - we all enjoyed the boat so much. Pick up and drop off were so easy. The boat was incredible! The captain was very friendly and took us to great spots - 10/10 recommend. Super fun way to enjoy Miami from the ocean at a very reasonable price.
Thank you so much for this beautiful day! Cruising with Captain Luis on your beautiful vessel was everything we hoped it would be. He brought us to the most beautiful places and was very knowledgeable in the history of the locations. We enjoyed our conversations we had with Captain Luis. All we had to do, was sit back, relax and enjoy this special day. From the time we booked with Captain James, to the time we boarded the vessel everything ran seamlessly. Captain James was very accommodating and pleasant to talk to. Looking forward to our return to Miami so we can book with you again! Cheers, Don, Denise and Brook
Fernando was really great and helpful, his service was amazing, the boat is beautiful, I celebrated my birthday with all my friends, Fernando took us to different places on our little trip. And I would 100% recommend this boat, based on the great experience I had
Awesome time. Fernando and his wife were excellent guides for me an my group. Super attentive, beautiful boat and all around a great time. We booked 3 hours but wanted to stay all day, I recommend you do. Thanks Fernando!